A renowned Immigration lawyer in Orange County has shared with us the details on the recent news on DACA Application. Recently, temporary citizens of the U.S. were asked to submit their applications under DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) that previously allowed them to stay in the country. Now, however, the application was to ensure that their status remained the same and the criteria changed drastically. The last date of the application was October 5 but after a number of reports of applications getting rejected by terming them “Late” the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has offered another opportunity. This offer is only valid on applications that have been rejected due to delay in the U.S. Postal Service.
Anyone whose application has been rejected for such a cause can resubmit their applications keeping in mind the following points.
- USCIS will now accept applications under DACA that have documented proof like the Mailing Receipt or a Priority Mail Tracking Slip that clearly implies that the application was sent timely and that the delay happened due to the U.S. Postal Service.
- If you have no such proof and simply put stamps on your mail before sending it, there is still a chance. Get in touch with USPS to give you a letter of support in case your claim is valid and attach it to the new form.
- USCIS will not be accepting any applications that do not include individualized proofs like the ones mentioned above. This recent announcement will not help you if you mailed the application a day before the deadline because it is impossible for it to reach the office.
- USCIS will also look into DACA renewal cases which arrived at the office well before time but sat “in the box” till the deadline and were later rejected. They will be getting in touch with such cases to ask them to resubmit their applications.
- In case you still don’t receive any such notification, it is a good idea to still resubmit your DACA renewal application with enough evidence that clearly proves your application reached the office well before October 5.
USCIS had mentioned making more announcements in the matter meanwhile, it would be a good idea to get in touch with an immigration lawyer who can help you every step of the way. George W. Abbes is one of the most renowned immigration lawyers in Orange County with over 30 years of experience in the field. For any consultation regarding an immigration case, contact him immediately.