It is a common misbelief that immigrants commit a crime. Criminal immigration lawyer, USA, Mr. Abbes believes that immigrants, no matter whether they are legal residents or illegal ones shy away from committing a crime because they are more afraid than one might guess. Have a look at five core reasons why immigrants avoid getting involved in a crime.
- It May Highlights Them: Most immigrants avoid crime because it may bring them to the limelight and the authorities might realize that they are not legally living in the US.
- It May Endangers Their Safety: Many immigrants also don’t feel safe in the country and are a part of a minority among a largely American community so they believe that if they are convicted of a crime, the white Americans might harm them.
- It May Harm Their Loved Ones: According to criminal immigration lawyer, USA, Mr. Abbes immigrants also avoid crime because they know that their families might be targeted if they are involved in a crime, and they don’t expect their family members to go to the authorities if they are being harassed because they also don’t want the limelight.
- It May Lead to Deportation and Removal: Most immigrants also shy away from crime because they know that in many criminal cases, the accused id directly deported by the ICE even without a hearing in the court. They don’t want to leave the prosperity the US has offered them.
- It May Harm Their Blending Attempts: Criminal immigration lawyer, USA, Mr. Abbes also thinks that most immigrants like to be a part of the American community and you can see that by witnessing how many non-Americans are preparing for the Halloween feast right now. So, if they commit a crime, it would reduce their chances of being a part of the American community and harm their reputation.
If you are an immigrant who is accused or even convicted of a crime then you should hire a criminal immigration lawyer, USA, Mr. Abbes to ensure you don’t get thrown out of the US and your family remains safe.